weekly review july 15th – theme: rebuilding digital-dust
Inspired by a podcast from a developer who open-sourced weekly goals for herself and her projects, I wanted to start up a weekly review series on my blog! There’s a lot of stuff I’m hoping to finish and release by the end of summer, and I’m hoping maybe sharing some of these goals consistently will help keep the inspiration and motivation going.
This week’s theme: rebuilding digital-dust.net
- Project digital-dust.net: Browser prototyping
- Project digital-dust.net: Color scheme/fonts
- Blog post: “Pace Gallery”
- Dance focus: Samba and Jive technique
- Dance focus: Conditioning, trying not to die
Next week’s theme: finishing digital-dust.net & preparing for dance competition
- Project digital-dust.net: Finish design/images
- Project digital-dust.net: Finish uploading content
- Project digital-dust.net: Launch!
- Blog post: “sketches and screenshots”
- Start new project: Project Bear!
- Start new project: Project blog redesign!
- Dance focus: Refining Samba and Jive routines
This week’s links:
- Bourbon Neat – Learning and utilizing this framework has been great so far!
- CodeNewbie – Loving all of the podcasts here. Incredibly inspirational!
- Intro to Neat – A Semantic Sass Grid – My holy grail this week.
- Emails from a CEO who just has a few changes to the website – True story of my life in a previous position. May share my experience later!
- A little bit of something – My favorite line: “You are not a web designer. I am the web designer.”
- Dance Comp Review – Sexy Starts With You – Some things to think about with preparation for an upcoming competition.
- Reddit: Overwatch University – Me trying to not be a scrub.
Great, that felt productive! Tomorrow I’m going to Six Flags. Yay!