2016 is coming to a close on my side of the world! It’s been a strange year in social media/politics/pop culture. But on a personal level, it’s been one of the most positive years I’ve had.
Getting a little personal – 2015 was an incredibly difficult year for me. A toxic job & work environment, a sudden move after losing a home of 15 years, dealing with the fall out of a previous relationship that refused to end, car dealership complexity and greediness- for that time, all of these things caused me a new level of anxiety and depression that I’ve never felt before.
But it was the start of a lot of great new things and transitions too. Immersed myself in dance despite the chaos, blossomed through a new, wonderful and healthy relationship, traveled with friends more than I ever did before, resolved car dealership greediness, and finally broke out of a bad place and into a new one before Christmas.
Then, 2016 happened. It’s been a rough time in the media. But it was a great time for personal blossoming, and I’m super grateful for all the memories and opportunities I’ve been given. I want to recognize a few wins and memories this year!
- Got my first custom-made latin dance dress
- Performed open routines in competition for the first time
- My 1st annual Silicon Valley Comic Con
- My 1st NTC – Nonprofit Technology Conference
- My 9th year attending FanimeCon and my 6th year staffing!
- Danced a Metal Gear Solid routine for said anime convention ball
- Utada Hikaru’s new album
- Frank Ocean’s new album
- The Weeknd’s new album Bruno Mars’ new album
- Pokemon Sun/Moon
- Having someone special to play Pokemon with
- Final Fantasy XV
- Rogue One
- Captain America: CIVIL WAR NUFF SAID
- Doctor Strange came out on my birthday
- Movies in general- watched 23 of them in theaters (the most I’ve ever seen in theaters in a year! Thanks to bf for loving movies so much!)
- Cardcaptor Sakura anime announced
- Ballroom e Youkoso anime announced
- Reunited with my childhood summer vacation family in SoCal for the first time in 14 years
- Met my favorite VA, Steven Blum, for the first time
- Saw my favorite childhood boyband, Backstreet Boys, live for the first time
- Celebrated the 1 year anniversary of the best job ever
Cheers to nostalgia of old times past, the exciting and ever-changing present, and to a great new year full of more memories in 2017!